#ec1dot37 - Living and Dying: Not Done Yet
On this week's episode:
To live is Christ and to die is gain - The verse is often quoted and rarely actualized in the heart of the believer
Why is that?
And how can Paul conclude that - despite his confession of wanting to be home with his Lord, that he actually would choose to stay on earth where people beat him, put him in jail, and try to kill him?
Quite simply: He wasn’t done yet. And neither are we - in fact we are just getting started on this week’s episode of Another Empty Conversation!
The time has arrived for Another Empty Conversation - a show that lets you eavesdrop on a conversation about faith and following Jesus. We talk about our faith so you can talk about yours.
Welcome you to Empty Conversation episode #ec1dot37
The final episode of Another Empty conversation…as you have known it that is!
Don’t worry, we are not going anywhere, but with this concluding episode in our series on What Does it mean to be a Christian - we are putting the punctuation on one chapter and looking ahead to the next chapter.
The goal of Empty Church has always been to gather together and help a local community heal through the powerful message of Jesus - some people would call this planting a new a church. The EC crew has spent the last year learning to talk about their faith as we developed deeper friendships and seen the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
So that means there are going to be some changes to our weekly show. I want to recap them for you:
- There will still be a weekly show that talks about faith and following Jesus - that is not changing.
- The schedule IS changing - however. New shows will post on Wednesday instead of Monday
- We will still be writing blogs, study guides, creating artwork, and more digital content to help you get through the six days between Sundays. - but the topics and focus of our podcast and blogs will be changing to reflect what goes on in our church gatherings.
What does this mean for you our listeners?
- The new episode schedule means having to wait until Wednesday to hear the latest show
- There will be new types of content that we will be producing that will help you engage in daily worship
- You will still have every opportunity to ask questions, speak your mind, agree/disagree. and grow together with us in Christ
We are very excited for the next phase of Empty Church and are happy that you are joining us on this part of the journey.
But we still have one more conversation to get to and it's on the tension between living and dying and what it really means to be a Christian
Not done yet. We are not done yet. You are not done yet. Most importantly, God is not done yet. To live is Christ and to die is gain and to be privileged enough to serve people, watch their faith bloom, comfort them through trials, and rejoice with them in victory is reason enough to not be done yet - or to just be getting started.
From all of us here at Empty Church - Thank You!