Freedom. Glory. Love. Reviewing Romans 8:1-11 #ec2dot09
The EC Crew talks about 8 Romans
No, not the soldiers with the red plume on their heads! We gather to talk about the eighth chapter of the Apostle Paul's letter to the people in Rome. We've titled this series, "Freedom. Glory. Love."
In order for a Christian to navigate their culture, she needs a fundamental understanding of these terms. What does it mean to be free as Christ has set you free? To whom or what will give glory? What does "God loves you," really mean?
We will explore these questions and much more over the next four episodes. But there is much more to be said about Romans chapter 8 than what's in these podcasts. Be sure to catch the As Seen on Sunday recaps that are published every Monday for more insight into my favorite chapter in the Bible.
Making sure that you are all caught with Empty Church is as easy as signing up for our weekly email newsletter. Videos, sermons, blogs, and anything else we think you might like delivered straight to your inbox. How do you sign up?
Simple just give us your email address and we will take care of the rest.
- What are the biggest challenges/questions you have when reading the first 11 verses of Romans 8?
- What is the law of sin death? (cf. Romans 3:23 and Romans 6)
- Why is the mind set on the flesh considered "hostile toward God"?
- There is a lot of talk between the mind, flesh, and spirit - the tangible and intangible parts of the person - How does your spiritual state affect your physical state? your mental state?
- If the Spirit of God dwells in you do you become a zombie?