Glory is Greater than Suffering. Reviewing Romans 8:18-25 #ec2dot11
The suffering Christian, the suffering creation, and the redemption of it all through Christ.
That is the topic of discussion this week on Another Empty Conversation.
This week the EC crew digs into Romans 8:18-25 and talk about the groaning and complaining that comes with walking this earth. To deny the reality of pain and agony that all mankind faces is to deny sound theology.
But we would also deny sound theology if we didn't address that creation itself has come under the curse. People are not the only ones who suffer because of the bondage of sin.
But the good news is this...God has a plan and it is unfolding. This is why we wait with patient anticipation.
And because you have waited with patient anticipation we are gonna drop a review so you to can preview what we do here at Empty Church - so let's jump into this week's Focus Five.
The Focus 5
1. When we invite people to follow Jesus we invite them into suffering. Is this cruel? Why or Why not?
2. If the present suffering of Christians is nothing compared to the glory that is coming what is with all the groaning? (v.22-23)
3. True of False: Christianity concerns both the spiritual and physical aspect of people. Explain.
4. One of the promises of the Bible is that when Jesus return we will have new bodies. Is it right to emphasize the only the spiritual aspects of Christianity over the physical? Should we have a more fully developed theology of the body?
5. Sin brought consequences upon people and nature. As people have suffered for their sin so has the rest of creation. How do these verses show that God cares for all of Creation? Why would God have a redemption plan for the earth?